Monday, October 6, 2014

The engine out of the car?

The engine has to come out of the car.
It started with the head having to come off because the seals where all dried out.
When I ran it for the last time ,i blew out the rear crankshaft seal. So out comes the engine.
There are no real instructions on removing it so in my fascinate wisdom i chose to separate the engine from the transmission and pull it that way.
Its separated but i cant clear the front cross member with the oil pan and I cant pull the transmission back without removing the entire drive shaft and the new nice center console that I spent all summer rebuilding. Two years ago I sealed up the shifter so that now also needs to be disassembled again.

 I really dont want to remove all that interior

rear drive shaft

middle section

front


All these parts are balanced so removing them is going to be a chore








I am basically stuck I should have just done the whole trans and engine together  Now i have to wait until next year. Its getting cold outside and not much time left to work on it

No comments:

Post a Comment